What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a long-term skin condition that typically affects the face. It results in redness, pimples, swelling, and small and superficial dilated blood vessels. Often the nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin are most involved. Rosacea is often caused by bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine. There is a very close relationship between the health of your digestive tract and the health of your skin. Some researchers say that inflammation on the face means that there is also inflammation throughout the gut.
Replenish ingredients to help soothe rosacea:
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin that is stored in our liver. It contributes to normal growth and development while keeping our eyes, skin and immune system healthy.
- Broccoli contains a substance called glucoraphanin that gets converted into sulforaphane, aiding skin repair and resulting in healthy skin. Broccoli renews your skin more quickly and gives your complexion a beautiful natural glow.
- Pumpkins are an amazing source of vitamin A, an anti-aging nutrient that jump-starts your skin’s cell renewal process and increases the production of collagen for smooth, youthful-looking skin.
Our recommendation for soothing rosacea and more…
~ Replenish Organic Nutrition
Replenish is professionally formulated to nourish skin from the inside out and address skin conditions at the root cause. It contains sweet potato, broccoli, pumpkin, and more. In total, there are 11 carefully selected organic fruits, vegetables and berries that have all been specifically chosen for their health benefits to the skin!
- Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin D, which plays an important role in our energy levels, moods, and helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth. They are also are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. Sweet potatoes are full of powerful antioxidants that help ward off cancer and protect against the effects of aging.
- An important vitamin that broccoli contains, folate, has been found to decrease the risk of breast cancer in women. Adequate intake of dietary folate has also shown promise in protecting against colon, stomach, pancreatic, and cervical cancers. Many studies have suggested that increasing the consumption of broccoli decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and overall mortality.
- Pumpkin can help you sleep better, improve your vision, lower blood pressure, improve heart health, and help block unhealthy prostate growth in men. Pumpkin seeds are rich in tryptophan, the amino acid that helps the body produce serotonin – the feel-good neurotransmitter that helps you relax and unwind and improve your mood.